jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java.
jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture. Key features include:
- Written in Java: runs on Windows, Unix, VMS and Mac OS X.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- jEdit plugin manager supports downloading and installation of hundreds of plugins.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly customizable.
ConclusionTo conclude jEdit works on Windows operating system(s) and can be easily downloaded using the below download link according to OpenSource under LGPL license. jEdit download file is only 3.45 MB in size.
jEdit was filed under the General category and was reviewed in softlookup.com and receive 4.9/5 Score.
jEdit has been tested by our team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. We will recheck jEdit when updated to assure that it remains clean.
jEdit user ReviewPlease review jEdit application and submit your comments below. We will collect all comments in an effort to determine whether the jEdit software is reliable, perform as expected and deliver the promised features and functionalities.
Popularity 9.8/10 - Downloads - 221 - Score - 4.9/5
|Publisher:||The jEdit Dev Team|
|Requirements:||Windows (All Versions)|
|License:||OpenSource under LGPL|
|File size:||3.45 MB|