LWJGL 3.2.2 Description:
LWJGL is a Java library that enables cross-platform access to popular native APIs useful in the development of graphics (OpenGL, Vulkan), audio (OpenAL) and parallel computing (OpenCL) applications.
LWJGL, otherwise known as The Lightweight Java Game Library was built for both amateur and professional developers. LWJGL is supposed to allow commercial quality games to be written in the Java programming language. The Lightweight Java Game Library offers programmers access to cross-platform libraries (OpenGL, OpenCL, OpenAL) allowing for state of the art 3D games and 3D sound.
LWJGL cross-platform access is direct and high-performance, yet also wrapped in a type-safe and user-friendly layer, appropriate for the Java ecosystem.
LWJGL is an enabling technology and provides low-level access. It is not a framework and does not provide higher-level utilities than what the native libraries expose. As such, novice programmers are encouraged to try one of the frameworks or game engines that make use of LWJGL, before working directly with the library.
LWJGL Main Features:
- Low-level Bindings, Direct access to OpenGL, OpenCL, OpenAL, GLFW and other native APIs with uncompromised performance and a Java-friendly binding layer.
-Open Source, LWJGL is available under a BSD license. Visit our GitHub repository to monitor progress, report issues and even contribute with your own code!
-Built-in Documentation,Get great auto-complete and inline documentation without leaving the comfort of your favorite IDE.
-Cross-platform, Write your game or application once, deploy on Windows, Mac, Linux.
-GLFW Bindings, Create multiple windows, handle user input (keyboard, mouse, gaming peripherals) and manage contexts. Also features multi-monitor support, clipboard access, file drag-n-drop, and much more.
Getting Started with LWJGL
- Download latest LWJGL release.
- You will also need a Java SE Development Kit (JDK)
- LWJGL requires version 8 or higher
- Setup up a project in your favorite IDE
- You should now be ready to develop and launch an LWJGL application.
- Following is a simple example that utilizes GLFW to create a window and clear the background color to red, using OpenGL.
Looking for LWJGL 2?
LWJGL 3 is a fresh start and LWJGL 2 is its predecessor. LWJGL 2 has been used in the creation of dozens of games, including titles like Minecraft by Mojang and Revenge of the Titans by Puppygames. It is also used in popular game engines, like libGDX and jMonkeyEngine.
LWJGL 2.9.1 Download
LWJGL New features in version 3.3
- Gamepad input via SDL_GameControllerDB
- Support for Vulkan on macOS via MoltenVK
- Content scale queries for DPI-aware rendering
- Support for updating window attributes
- Support for raw mouse motion
- Joystick hats
- Error query
- Support for initialization hints
- User attention request
- Window maximization callback
- Query for the monitor work area
- Transparent windows and framebuffers
- Query for the scancode of a key
- Cursor centering window hint
- Mouse cursor hover window attribute
- Window hint and attribute for input focus on show
- Monitor and joystick user pointers
- macOS menu bar from nib file
- Support for more context creation extensions
- OSMesa off-screen context creation support
- Caveats for version 3.3
- Layout of joysticks have changed
- No window required to wait for events
- Gamma ramp size of 256 may be rejected
- Windows XInput deadzone removed
- X11 clipboard transfer limits
- X11 extension libraries are loaded dynamically
- CMake 3.0 or later is required
LWJGL is open source software and freely available at no charge.
ConclusionTo conclude LWJGL works on Windows operating system and can be easily downloaded using the below download link according to BSD License license. LWJGL download file is only 77 MB in size.
LWJGL was filed under the General category and was reviewed in softlookup.com and receive 4.3/5 Score.
LWJGL has been tested by our team against viruses, spyware, adware, trojan, backdoors and was found to be 100% clean. We will recheck LWJGL when updated to assure that it remains clean.
LWJGL user ReviewPlease review LWJGL application and submit your comments below. We will collect all comments in an effort to determine whether the LWJGL software is reliable, perform as expected and deliver the promised features and functionalities.
Popularity 8.6/10 - Downloads - 25 - Score - 4.3/5
|Publisher:||LWJGL Team More titles >>|
|File size:||77 MB|