Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility that can help you to restore your files, which have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files accidentally emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from memory cards or external devices, such as MP3 players. With Recuva you can even rescue files that have been 'lost' due to bugs, crashes or viruses! Key Features include:
- Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover.
- Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type.
- Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view.
- Can be run from a USB thumb drive.
- Restores all types of files, including office documents, images, video, music, email etc.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems.
- Restores files from removable media such as digital cameras, memory sticks, CF cards, Smart Media Cards, SD cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drives, Firewire and USB hard drives.
- Lightweight and fast.