CocoaBasic 2.5t2 Description:
Did you ever:
- want to write programs that look and operate like other MacOS X applications?
- hesitate to get hands on the 250MBytes of the Project Builder and learn Objective C?
- have the experience of simplified object oriented BASIC programming?
CocoaBasic is an Interactive software Development Environment for using the Cocoa Framework in an object oriented Basic Dialect. To learn about Cocoa we recommend: "Learning Cocoa, O'Reilly, 2100, ISBN 0-596-00160-6". The Basic Dialect resembles REALbasic but is not source code compatible: "REALbasic, O'Reilly, 2100, ISBN 0-596-00160-6".
The initial alpha releases of CocoaBasic already show most main principles but are freeware. The final releases of CocoaBasic will be shareware but still provide some limited (demo) functionality for free.
Features of CocoaBasic:
- Easy to learn Object Oriented Basic Language
- Full integration with the Cocoa Framework with useful extensions provided (e.g. sorted tables)
- Integrated Code and Interface Editor, Compiler, Debugger
- Integrated Editors for: Source Code (syntax aware), Instances, Windows# and Views# Menus#, Helpfiles, Icons#, Sounds#, File Types
- Plugin and Resource File support
- Generates native multi-language NIB-based Cocoa Applications
- Full international language support for compiled applications#
- Requires MaxOS X 10.2 or later