Adobe Illustrator Updater 8.0.1 Description:
Adobe Illustrator 8.0.1 Updater adds the following:
- Changes in Illustrator 8.0.1:
- In Mac OS 8.5.x, accessing preferences no longer causes random crashes.
- Large placed or linked EPS files do not retain memory after being deleted.
- CMYK files exported in the Photoshop(R) file format now maintain the CMYK color definitions.
- DXF files now can be scaled correctly. (See "DXF Scaling" in the application ReadMe file for the required steps.)
- Hidden layers no longer revert to non-printing when saved with Illustrator 7 compatibility and re-opened in Illustrator 8.0.x. (See "Printing and Visibility Options when Saving as Illustrator 7.0" in the application ReadMe file for more information.)
- Colorized 1-bit TIFF images can now be set to overprint correctly.
- The overprint attribute is now retained for gradients when the object stack contains an object painted with process white.
- Partially selected anchor points now can be moved by double-clicking the direct select tool.
- Save As PDF is improved to ensure compatibility with Acrobat(R) 4.0.
- The Avenza MAPublisher 3.0 plug-in is supported.
- Saving an EPS file as Illustrator 5.5J-compatible and placing the file in QuarkXpress to print no longer causes a PostScript error.