Safe file deletion package It is (hopefully) helpful for those people like me who tend to do an 'rm *' in the wrong directory. It provides a shared library libwastebasket.so that implements a new unlink library call. If this library is preloaded calling unlink() will not really remove the file, but move it into the wastebasket.
There are also some programs provided to access, restore or purge the deleted files:
- wbls: list contents of the wastebasket
- wbdu: summarizes disk usage of the wastebasket
- wbrestore: restore file(s)
- wbpurge: remove parts of the wastebasket
- realrm: really remove a file no matter if libwastebasket is installed or not
P.S.: I'm certainly interested in feedback.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 protects against viruses, trojans, Internet-worms, adware and spyware (Shareware)