WinMerge is a handy tool for visual difference display and merging, for both files and directories. The app is also highly useful for determining what has changed between file versions, and then merging those changes. Key Features Include:
- Visual differencing and merging of text files.
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap.
- Highlights differences inside lines.
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes.
- Location pane shows map of files compared.
- Moved lines detection.
- Compare folders in one level or recursive.
- Can show folder compare results flat or in a tree-style view.
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items.
- Compares binary files in folder compare as well as text files.
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions).
- Archive file support using 7-Zip.
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates.
- makes patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats).