RollBack Rx Home Edition Description:
RollBack Rx Home Edition is, in effect, a time machine for any Microsoft Windows workstation. It works as a comprehensive Windows System Restore solution, which empowers users and IT administrators the ability to easily restore their PC's to any previous state within a matter of seconds.
Key features include:
- Go back to any previous point in time within seconds.
- Go back to any previous snapshot time, incremented in either minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months.
- Supports up to 7 snapshots.
- makes a complete system snapshot without having to restart the system.
- Will reverse any system crash within seconds (even if Windows cannot startup).
- Ability to back out of any failed program and OS updates.
- Compatible with VMWare and Virtual Machines, both as a host or within the virtual machine as a client.
- Locks snapshots to prevent automated deletions.
- Explore, browse and retrieve files and folders from any snapshot.
- Drag and drop support.
- Roll backwards as well as forwards to any available system snapshot.
- Manually take a snapshot on demand.
One feature, worthy of note is the Task Scheduler that comes pre-configured to a take a snapshot at the first boot of the day and upon execution of a "Setup.exe" function. This is a really neat tool that 'remembers' to undertake snapshots of a PC, in case the user forgets.