Parted Magic Description:
The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted, and it is able to handle partitioning tasks with ease. It features an excellent set of extensive file system tools to work with. Parted Magic supports the following file systems: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.Key Features include:
- Format internal and external hard drives.
- Move, copy, make, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
- Clone your hard drive, to make a full backup.
- Test hard drives for impending failure.
- Test memory for bad sectors.
- Benchmark your computer for a performance rating.
- Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
- Access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
- Runs from the CD, no install required.